Save the date for the Hispanic Issues Section’s biennial Legislative Day and CLE, to take place at the State Bar of Texas and the Texas Capitol on Wednesday, March 6, 2019.
Consistent with prior years, HIS expects to have several hours of CLE programming in the morning and early afternoon, and then a visit to one or more legislator’s offices mid-to-late afternoon.
Watch this space for updates!
Here is a list of upcoming events involving the Hispanic Issues Section or local Hispanic bar associations, or other sections of the State Bar of Texas. Click on event listings for registration information.
Want your event on the list? Email us!
- October 17-19, 2018 – Texas Minority Counsel Program – Westin Houston, Memorial City – Brochure – Register
- October 26, 2018 – MABA Houston Scholarship Gala – Royal Sonesta, Houston – Event Info
- November 1, 2018 – Mixer in Corpus Christi
- March 6, 2019 – Legislative Day
- March 2019 – Mixer in Lubbock
- April 2019 – Mixer in Tyler
Local Hispanic Bar Association Monthly Meetings
This list has information about regular monthly meetings for local associations around Texas. If you have any updated information or want to add your group to the list, please email us!
Austin – Hispanic Bar Association of Austin
Houston – Mexican-American Bar Association of Houston
The Hispanic Issues Section has selected its officers for the 2018-2019 bar year. Your officers for 2018-2019 are:
- Justice Gina M. Benavides, Chair
- Valerie Carrillo, Chair-Elect
- Larry Banda, Vice-Chair
- Judge Victor Villareal, Secretary
- Jamie Vasquez, Treasurer
- Betty Balli Torres, Immediate Past Chair